Sunday 13 March 2016

Timeless Textures

Today's card I have used Timeless Textures combined with a Mosaic stamp I made from the rubber that surrounds the stamps we buy. I have been keeping the extra rubber and thought I would use it someday for something.




I like the grunge look of cards and wanted to try my hand at it.
First I stamped around the edges on a piece of Whisper White with one of the edge stamps in Soft Suede. Then stamped 3 of the dotted line images in Tip Top Taupe randomly. Randomly stamp 3 of the Flourishes in Basic Black Archival Ink. To finish off before adding the Mosaic randomly stamp the dots all over page in Early Espresso stamping off as you go to get the lighter colours.  

Once happy with the effect you want, arrange little cut up bits of rubber onto a acrylic block to look like picture below. You need to make sure the gaps between each piece of rubber aren't too big as the "grout" lines will be much too wide.
Mine is permanently stuck on this acrylic block now and is large enough to cover a card front.


Once arranged you can now ink up using versamark. Stamp directly over entire image you have created then heat emboss in clear embossing powder.

When cooled you now get a sponge and "fill" the grout lines using Crumb Cake Ink. Then with a clean cloth wipe over the project to remove excess ink from the embossing. Sponge all edges in Early Espresso.

Sentiment is from Sky Is The Limit stamp set

I hope you like this card and if you have any questions please leave a comment or you can contact me by email.

Thanks for visiting my blog



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Hope you have a great day.